“But suppose the servant says to himself, ‘My master is taking a long time in coming,’ and he then begins to beat the menservants and maidservants and to eat and drink and get drunk. The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the unbelievers.” (Luke 12:45,46)
Have you been spiritually abused by your church leadership in Sin City or elsewhere? If so, please know that you are not alone.
Here are just a few great resources for spiritual abuse help*:
- Spiritual Research Network by Pastor Chris Lawson (Former Calvary Chapel Pastor)
- Confronting Abusive Leaders Video by Pastor Chris Lawson
- Spiritual Abuse Questionnaire by Pastor Chris Lawson
- Warning Signs of Potentially Unsafe Groups by Cult Expert Rick Ross
- Spiritual Abuse: 10 Ways to Spot It by Mary Demuth
- Spiritual Abuse by Wikipedia
- Religious Abuse by Wikipedia
- Is Your Church Guilty of Spiritual Abuse by Deep Thought Pub
- Let us Prey: The Frequency of Narcissistic Personality Disorder in Pastors
“Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a light.” (Ephesians 5:11-13)
“Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, serving as overseers—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock.” (1 Peter 5:2,3)
“Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!” (Matthew 18:6,7)
*Please note that CARN does not necessarily agree with all content on the above mentioned ministry websites.